Thursday, December 15, 2011

Disneyland in California

So for the first time we went to Disneyland in California. Boy what a difference! The place feels so much smaller than 'the world'. I think that has to do with the fact the castle there is so small! Its Sleeping Beauty castle and its puny compared to Cinderella's in Florida! The set up is almost the same, they even have similar rides! I wanted to visit Disney during Christmas so we figured we would you know kill two birds and visit my brother in San Diego at the same time. San Diego was great, perfect weather and I miss it! I hate the cold weather of the north east but what can I do?

We went right after thanksgiving and missed 'peek' time which worked out great. The parks were not that full but I guess average. We were able to go on most rides without waiting more then 20 minutes. My goal was to see the parade.

The parade started at ' Its a small world' and ended at main street. The people there were really snobby and were 'holding' empty spaces for 'their coming' friends or family. It really kills me when people do that, its so not right!

In any event, no matter how many people deep the crowd was other people figured it was ok to just walk thru you like you were not standing there at all.

The parade was great as I thought it would be and I loved it. Maybe the one in Disney World would have been better since they have a 'seperate' event for the holidays which limit the amount of people at the parks.

California Adventure Park was good... we LOVED the Aladdin show - the genie was so hilarious we could not stop laughing! You gotta see that show. We had lunch with the princesses which was EXPENSIVE! All the other girls had dressed up like little princesses and well I totally flaked on dressing up my little girl but she didnt notice. We also forgot the autograph book! Talk about duh moment.

While the food was FANTASTIC the price was outrageous! And it was Off peak! It was $35 per person and my child was $25 I think. Now my husband and brother had a drink but the total bill for 5 people, including one child, with tax, gratuity and 10% discount for DVC - $240. The plus was we were seated right were the princesses came in. So it was announced who was coming in and she would walk in right to our table first! No it was Ariels Grotto so we saw her first, then out came Belle, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty (Aurora) and Snow White. The told us there are 5 princesses that vary but you always have Ariel so the other four could be any princess.

We got to see Phineas and Ferbs dance party. My little one got to dance with the fireside girls it was so fun. We got a free photo with pluto because of our Disney cards. We stayed to see World of Color which had technical difficulties and was delayed about 20 minutes. I think it was the first time I had ever seen technical difficulties at Disney.

There was also a lot of construction going on, apparently they are building Radiator Springs from Cars. Thats what I heard, I would love to see what that looks like.

I would so go again, but my heart is really in Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment