Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Busch Gardens Tampa Florida



So we took a drive to Tampa to visit Busch Gardens - I had not been there in something like 10 years and the only things I remember at the animal areas. They had animal topiaries and animals of course. This Rhino came pretty close to us and it was a bit scary. We picked a hot day to go, not only that there were a whole lotta international school trips there. Looked like there were from Brazil, Italy, Venezuela.. I walked up to the guy standing at
SheiKra to ask about a child swap and all these kids came running up behind me and I was like OMG!

I think there are more rides for the kids then adults!

I first rode the SheiKra alone. They dont have a lane for 'single riders' instead I had to wait on line with everyone else. Remember those international kids? Well every chance they had they were singing and clapping and oh my it was getting crazy. The wait time was less then an hour. Round and round in the lines then up the stairs. There are three rows each 'car' holding about 8 people. Two cars load up at the same time and one at a time is released. Up and up you go... then it turns around on the track and just when you think your about to drop, it holds you there for a few seconds... then BAM! Lets you go! I was screaming on the way down. Its a 90 degree drop so you cant see the track beneath you. It was quick but a nice ride. When I got back to the ground, I swapped and the other adult I was with got a 'pass' to skip the line and waited about 5 minutes to get on the ride. Child swap was pretty nice.

The second ride I tried was Kumba. It has 7 inversions which was nice smooth ride. It was nothing to exciting for me, more like relaxing. Again I waited on line and since I was a single rider, I kinda skipped those waiting to sit together. They let me go in front of them which was nice. I rode alone. Im not a roller coaster nut but I love a nice ride. We didnt make it to the other 'adult' rides. I got the kids to go on the Sand Serpent and boy was that a mistake for me. I dont like twisty, sharp turns or spin me around rides! This ride did ALL of that... I screamed, I cried and hated every minute of it lol.

We did take the train around the park which was a relaxing ride and a nice view of the animals. I did see a Zebra try to take on the train! Ok more like it tried to cross the track just when the train was passing by. It was pretty interesting.

For meals at the park we purchased the 'All Day Dining Deal.' For two adults and two kids it cost $30 per adult and $15 per child. We ate every chance we got, I think we sat down 3 times. We were able to pick up one entree, one side/desert and a drink. You also had the ability to pick one of the three items instead of getting everything and tossing it. We had to wait on line with everyone else but once we got to the front we could basically pick up just about anything. They gave us a list of the restaurants to eat at and what I did was circle them on the map so we could find them easily. My favorite meal was at the Zambia Smokehouse! It was perfect for dinner, that meal alone was worth the $30 per person fee. Everything else was basically free in my eyes. We picked up Aquafina at a few places and snacks here and there. One note: It does not work everywhere!

Totally worth it!

As the evening rolled along there was this 'party' going around.We stopped and danced around, played with Hoola Hoops... During the 'party' they announced this show called Kinetix starting at 9PM. The park closed at 9PM so we ran back to the front of the park and grabbed one last drink and went to the show. The restaurants close an hour or more before the park does so keep that in mind.

There was live music with current songs, dancers, acrobats, and more! Here is just one video!

Once the show was over the park was closed and we left. The drive back to Orlando was a little over an hour. It was a great experience, I would go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment