Thursday, July 21, 2011

Disney Water Parks Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon

OK I have no images because we didnt bring a camera but the water parks are great!

We just spent 3 days straight in water. Two days at Typhoon Lagoon and one at Blizzard Beach. The best thing about staying on property is the ability to use the Extra Magic Hours! We were able to get to the water parks at 8AM, an hour prior to opening up to the public. I didnt think it was enough time but we were able to ride everything without a wait! The only thing that was rough was the stairs to the ride itself. It was a killer! I cant tell you how many 'floors' we climbed but my legs were killing me.

If anything a water park reminds you of is how out of shape you are. lol.

Best things at Typhoon Lagoon: Wave Pool - Insanely tall waves that can knock you down! Lazy River of course, Crush n Gusher. Funnel Cake! Worst: Wave Pool - cause they have insanely tall waves that can knock you down! Having to carry your tubes up a ton of stairs to get down the rides. Short family raft ride, Sand.

Best things at Blizzard Beach: LONG family raft ride, Lazy River, 'older' kid area. Worst: Hiking it up the stairs to get on the rides, some rides you had to carry your own tube up the stairs, wave pool was really unnatural waves and felt strange - we didnt like it.

Having to deal with rude people didnt help: We had some little girl go down a slide within seconds behind my child and knocked right into her. I 'ran' to get to my child and the other child because they knocked into each other. The girl just looked at me and her father said she can swim fine, no apology at all! My little girl was crying, it was horrible. On another ride my sister ran up ahead of me and grabbed the family raft and some people came in between us. When I finally got to the top these people were in front and I said excuse me three times when he finally turned around and said 'WHAT'! I said I need to get by and he says go over there, pointing to another rope, Im like dude its closed whats your problem? My sister is right there! He finally let me by but not without making stupid comments. I know there are line jumpers but I was not jumping lines.

Besides those experiences Disney Water Parks were pretty amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment